Els 140 - Introduction to Drama
The Renaissance period overthrew the medieval period because the secular qualities of medieval drama overthrew its religious qualities and also the Catholic church withdrew its support from it, and it was banned in England and outlawed in Paris. The Renaissance period did poorly because of lack of national unity and political instability which contributed to the paucity of its dramatic literature.
Medieval period is the period from 5th to 15th century.medieval drama was therefore preceded by the Greek and Roman drama and followed by Elizabethan drama.Medieval drama arose from the ashes of Roman drama just before it evolved into Medieval drama, there was at level of infamy which entered it and which vehemently apposed by the Church.
This discusses the relationship between the Renaissance and medieval literature.
Drama can be said to be a work of art which delineates human life and activity through the presentation of actions by means of dialogue between groups of characters. In Aristotle’s definition of drama, he emphasizes the concept of Mimesis which means imitation of human beings in action. He conceives of drama as a story acted out by people on stage before an audience
DISCUSS THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN MEDIEVAL DRAMA AND RENAISSANCE DRAMA
When you finish, follow this link to submit it to my online channel.
To submit, click the submit button and follow the process.
1. Remember to select "literature or drama" category when submitting.
2. You must submit using your own Raadaa.com account (create your own Raadaa.com or login if you have created an account before and use it to submit the assignment not through another person's account).
3. You must use the assignment topic "THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN MEDIEVAL DRAMA AND RENAISSANCE DRAMA" as the title of the document when uploading online.
4. Submission Deadlin: 24th July 2017.
5. When you finish filling the online submission details, click "save" to submit.
Created 6 months ago by Onyeka Odoh
Share this channel